The website http://www.nfsp.org.uk/ (the “Website”) is owned and operated by National Federation of SubPostmasters Limited (“NFSP”, “us”, “we”), a company registered in England and Wales with company number 09771284 and registered address Evelyn House, 22 Windlesham Gardens, Shoreham-By-Sea, United Kingdom, BN43 5AZ.
NFSP is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By using our Website or providing us with your personal information you are agreeing to this policy. We may update this policy from time to time without notice to you, so please check it regularly.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect information from you in the following ways:
- our use of Google analytics cookies (please see the cookies section below);
- you becoming a member of NFSP either through completing a form available on our Website or by any other means;
- your request for a copy of our magazine or any other materials from us;
- your subscription to our newsletter;
- you registering to use our forum; or
- you contacting us with enquiries or other correspondence or becoming involved with us in another way.
If you take one of the steps mentioned above, we may collect and process personal information about you such as:
- your name, address, email address and other contact information;
- information you enter onto the Website;
- records of your correspondence with us, if you have contacted us;
- details of your visit to the site.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate (for example http://www.forum.nfsp.org.uk/ or http://www.thesubpostmaster.co.uk/) or the other benefits we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, Post Office Limited). Any information we receive about you from a third party will be treated in accordance with this policy.
Where we store your personal data
The data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by persons operating outside of the EEA. If we do send your personal data outside the EEA we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient implements appropriate measures to protect your information.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site where access is restricted, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We will process any of your personal data, in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, for the following reasons:
- to process your membership application, and administer your membership;
- for administrative purposes we will share data with Post Office Limited (please refer to paragraph 6.2 below);
- to provide you with the information you have requested;
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and requests from statutory agencies;
- for NFSP’s internal administrative purposes;
- to provide you with information about us, our services, our member benefits and any other information, products or services that we provide or provide access to;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service and/or member benefits;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
If, at any time you do not wish to receive further information about us and our services, contact us (email) or write to us at:
22 Windlesham Gardens
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including third parties who provide offers and discounts to members of NFSP and third parties who provide any other services or benefits to members of NFSP.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal data with Post Office Limited for administrative purposes and for any other administrative purposes in connection with your membership of NFSP, or membership with NFSP overall.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of NFSP, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of anti-money laundering legislation and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at or by writing to us at:
22 Windlesham Gardens
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our user’s browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.