The National Federation of SubPostmasters (NFSP) has today announced the introduction of a new team of retail experts who will offer subpostmasters in-store and online retail support and guidance to help them maximise their sales.
The eight-strong retail team will be based across the UK and will be offering:
- in store retail visits, ‘health-checks’ and action plans,
- interactive 360 virtual tours,
- training and workshops,
- information about commercial suppliers of cards, stationery, food & drink,
- and much, much more.
George Thomson, NFSP Chief Executive, said “Post Office branches are changing to reflect the challenges on the high-street. More and more often, owning a successful post office means balancing your post office business with your retail business. The NFSP understands this and is evolving too, so I am pleased to announce that a team of six retail experts started working for the NFSP on 3 January, with two more to be recruited over the coming months.
“This is yet another example of how the NFSP, as a small business champion, is committed to maximising the profit of our members’ businesses.”
Margot James MP, Minister for Postal Services, said: “I’m delighted to hear the NFSP is supporting the Post Office network through its new, dedicated retail development team. Retail growth is a key part of the future sustainability of the Post Office network and this will help many subpostmasters as they expand their offer to the communities they serve.”
Troy Gardner, new NFSP Commercial Director and Retail Team Lead, said: “I am excited to be joining the NFSP as the new Commercial Director. This is a challenging time on the high-street, but with the right support from the NFSP, post office branches can weather the storm. No matter what size or type of post office it is, we have ideas, case studies, and tools & guidance to fit that business.”
Tom Moran, Post Office Network Development Director, added: “We are pleased that the NFSP has taken this innovative step and look forward to working with Troy and his team. This is a great practical example of how Post Office and NFSP are working together to improve the commercial support postmasters get.”
- The National Federation of SubPostmasters (NFSP) is the professional trade association that represents UK subpostmasters.
- Subpostmasters are independent business people who act as agents for Post Office Ltd and own and run the sub post offices that make up 97% of the national post office network.
- The NFSP’s retail team can be contacted by emailing or by phoning (01273) 452324