The NFSP forum is for NFSP members to communicate with each other.
Using the forum is easy - just follow these steps:
2. The first time that you use the forum you’ll need to register. To do so click on the REGISTER link at www.forum.nfsp.org.uk
3. When prompted to choose a username you should enter your first name and surname separated by a space (e.g. "John Smith") or if your name requires more than 20 characters, your initial and surname (e.g. "J Smith"). Your password can be anything you choose - it is not linked to the members-only section of the NFSP website.
4. Then we’ll verify (during office hours) that you are an NFSP member and notify you by email when you are able to access the forum.
5. Once you have access you’ll find all the instructions you need in the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section.
This quick guide to using the forum will help you get started. If you have any additional queries about the forum please email email@example.com
Already registered? Click here to access the forum.
NFSP Forum Rules
The NFSP forum is a place for members to seek help and advice from fellow subpostmasters; somewhere to share information, ideas and best practice; and offer constructive comment and debate on everyday issues affecting individuals and the post office network.
The NFSP has the right to delete, edit, move or lock any forum posts that contain content or links to other websites which bring the NFSP or any of its Officers, Trustees, members or employees into disrepute. The NFSP has the right to suspend or ban forum members who carry out such activities or break forum rules.
By registering for the forum you agree not to post, share or distribute any content that:
• incites, advocates or expresses content such as pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, gratuitous violence, or is in any way objectionable, at the sole discretion of the NFSP.
• is intended to threaten, stalk, defame, defraud, degrade, victimise, intimidate or discriminate an individual or group of individuals for any reason including age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion, or to incite or encourage any one else to do so.
• breaks the law or condones/encourages any unlawful activity in your country of residence of the country where the NFSP forum is hosted.
• is potentially damaging to the computer or software of another user.
• advertises products or services of your own or another, without the NFSP’s permission and with the permission and full knowledge of the third party.
Forum Rules – read and take note
Members must sign up to the Forum using their full name – no anonymous names or aliases. It must be clear who is posting messages and members are accountable for their posts. Any attempt to impersonate an NFSP Officer, Trustee, member, employee or any other user/organisation will be removed from the forum.
All posts must be in English. Please use ordinary ‘plain’ English, no ‘text talk’ or posts in CAPITAL LETTERS which in internet etiquette signifies shouting.
Please try to keep threads ‘on topic’. Having lots of ‘off topic’ posts is no help to anyone and may result in the thread being locked, with no further posts allowed.
Do not describe or encourage activities which break the NFSP’s rules or its constitution; do not post or link to information encouraging individuals to leave NFSP membership and/or join any competing organisation.
Do not try obtain another person’s private or confidential information or personally identifiable information, such as passwords. Do not share forum accounts; all users must post under their own name.
Please respect the right of other forum members to have differing views. Please post constructive criticism and nothing else. Libellous or slanderous posts will be deleted, particularly where they relate to an individual; personal abuse will not be tolerated.
Any user guilty of ‘trolling’ and deliberately posting messages to stir up discontent by describing or encouraging activities which break NFSP or forum rules will be warned by the Moderator and removed from the forum if the problem persists.
The Moderator will address breaches of the rules as soon as they are able. However, forum members are requested to report any posts that they feel are inappropriate and breach the rules and the spirit of the forum and the NFSP. This can be done using the ‘Report’ button on each individual post or by sending a personal message to the Moderator or Admin.
Decisions on removing posts and suspending and banning users will be made at the sole discretion of the Moderator and Administrator.
Ongoing actions that make unreasonable work for the Moderator and Administrators, or regularly annoy other members and require moderator or administrator action will not be tolerated. If banning you is easier than dealing with the problems you are causing, you will be banned.